As the snow piles up around here lately I’ve had less and less time to work in my shop. However, Here is a short update on the Silvertone guitar repair.
After re-gluing the one brace, I decided that while it was open I would just replace all the bracing. Once I did all that I glued the soundboard back onto the body. I was not able to properly fix the soundboard because I do not have the tools or materials necessary to reshape the soundboards original arches. Despite a slight blemish in aesthetics this guitar should play just fine. I know my client will not mind at all.
The MDF that was gifted to me was put to good use, but I still have some work to do with them before they become guitar templates.