Tags

, , , , , , , ,

This week I finalized the body assembly. The only piece left to assemble (body wise) was the soundboard. I made sure the rest of the body was clean and ready to accept the soundboard. Then, I did a practice dry run as I did with the back to make sure I had enough clamps and that I had them laid out even across the guitar. Once the dry fit was done I lined all the clamps up from top to bottom on one side and then mirrored that on the other side (as shown in the picture below.) I did this because the body is thinner at the top than it is at the bottom and I needed the clamps to be closely sized for their particular spot on the body. When glueing the top (and back for that matter) I learned that the thin glue bead dries fast so you have to be as quick and efficient as possible.

Due to the number of pictures I decided to make this two posts. Next week I’ll show you the results of the glue job and all the clean up associated with it. Thanks for looking.

For more up to date posts you can check my Facebook page.

IMG_4218

Soundboard and body ready to be glued.

IMG_4235

Dry fit.

IMG_4234

Dry fit.

IMG_4222

Clamping assembly layout.

IMG_4220

Dry fit and clamping plan.

 

IMG_4225

Glue fit.

IMG_4226

Glue fit.

IMG_4227

Glue fit.

Advertisements