Tags

, , , , , , , ,

Years ago when I started this guitar I had already put the side pieces together and glued in the neck/tail blocks along with the kerfing. I could not find my pictures of that, but I have included a good many others. Since I did all the side assembly years ago, all I had to do was notch the kerfings to match the back bracing pattern. However if you look close you will notice I only cut to the actual side and not through it. This took time and patience. But eventually I got it right and was able to glue the whole thing together. I originally thought I didn’t use enough glue (and I may very well find out later that I didn’t,) but for now it’s holding. As you can see there is some squeeze out and a few general flubs but over all I think for my first acoustic this is satisfactory work. I will push to do better on the next one, but like I said, I’m pretty satisfied with this outcome so far. If you have any tips on glue squeeze out and clean up, I’m all ears.

IMG_4164

Back notches cut into kerfing

IMG_4165

More back side kerfing notches

IMG_4166

Dry fit to check the notches for depth and accuracy

IMG_4167

Dry run on the clamping to ensure spacing and fit.

IMG_4169

Actual clamp job with glue.

IMG_4171

Artsy shot, for kicks.

IMG_4173

The back now glued to the sides.

IMG_4178

Inside the guitar. Glue work and fit.

IMG_4174

Inside the guitar. Glue work and fit.

IMG_4175

Inside the guitar. Glue work and fit.

IMG_4176

Inside the guitar. Glue work and fit.

IMG_4177

Inside the guitar. Glue work and fit.

IMG_4180

I was pretty excited that it worked out!

Advertisements